Donate to Our Annual Fund
SUSTAIN KENTUCKY’S HERITAGE AND KEEP THE COMMONWEALTH HISTORIC, APPEALING AND ENDURING
Historic preservation is the leading force of community revitalization and has an impact on how the people of Kentucky live in and how visitors view our state. Throughout Kentucky, historic buildings, neighborhoods, landscapes and prehistoric sites contribute to the unique personality and distinctive characteristics that identify and distinguish our great state.
Every week, people across the state contact Preservation Kentucky asking for help with a special place in their community. As the statewide advocate for historic places, Preservation Kentucky places a critical role in getting people the help they need to keep their special places in Kentucky’s future.
Your support helps make sure that Preservation Kentucky is available to consult with homeowners, meet with and advise community preservation groups, evaluate threats to historic buildings, and offer expert testimony at town council meetings, zoning boards and legislative hearings.
WE PUT YOUR DOLLARS TO WORK IMMEDIATELY!
- Providing communities with resources for affordable solutions to save endangered buildings, vacant properties, historic sites and archaeological places.
- Holding workshops on preservation techniques, marketing historic properties and tax incentives for renovation projects.
- Giving technical support to property owners, local nonprofits, community groups, governments and custodians of historic sites for a variety of preservation needs.
*Demonstrating best preservation practices by recognizing people and projects that represent excellence in preservation.
YOUR SUPPORT HELPS US ACHIEVE OUR COLLECTIVE GOALS
- Improvements to the Federal and Kentucky Historic Preservation Tax Credit so that property owners and developers with projects of all sizes can benefit from this important economic development driver.
- Emergency stabilization funds to mothball buildings for future renovation and prevent unnecessary demolition by (intentional) neglect.
- Grants to help repair and preserve historic buildings, commercial and retail districts in urban areas, small towns and rural communities.
- Heritage education curriculum to promote stewardship of Kentucky’s tangible history.
- Specialized workshops on preservation topics, local issues and challenges.
And improve Kentucky’s economy:
- Our architectural heritage, cultural history and community aesthetics distinguish us from other states and attract visitors from all over the world.
- Sustainable preservation is good business! It’s a catalyst for economic development and contributes significantly to business growth, job creation, heritage tourism and the revitalization of downtowns, Main Streets and neighborhoods across the Commonwealth.
- Your tax-deductible donation furthers the work of Preservation Kentucky, strengthens our collective voice, and strengthens our economy.
When people care and understand the importance of saving places, good things happen: communities are revitalized and history is enjoyed. Our delightful Main Streets, exciting downtowns, vibrant neighborhoods and picturesque rural landscapes are important to Kentucky and our economic vitality because they tell our story and attract visitors from all over the world.
With the privilege of enjoying this legacy of treasures comes the responsibility to protect them. If it weren’t for people such as you, Kentucky would not have many of its beautiful, nationally acclaimed historic sites, archaeological sites and historic landscapes that make the place we call Kentucky very special.
We hope you will partner with us to keep Kentucky historic, appealing and enduring.
Preservation Kentucky is a 501(c)(3) public charity nonprofit and all contributions are fully tax-deductible under Federal law.
With your help, Preservation Kentucky will continue to educate, advocate the benefits of historic preservation, and support the revitalization of historic properties and places throughout the Commonwealth.
We securely accept donations online using Paypal. You do NOT have to have a paypal account in order to make an online donation.